Please note the date change of the next meeting to April 25, 2020
As is usual, Dr Rajiv Shah put on a wonderful meeting at Wake Forest University in the very nice meeting room. We had a wonderful lunch hosted by Zack Ballinger – Opening comments (Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals) first then adjourned to the meeting room to hear the presentations. The list is as follows:
- Alessandro Iannaccone, MD– Macular pattern dystrophy masquerading as AMD- patient that presented with decreased vision with a CNV. On exam was found to have fleck like lesions and associated subretinal fluid. Patient responded to anti-VEGF treatment and was positive for RDS-Peripherin gene on genetic testing.
- Roshan George, MD– Management of Bilateral Intraocular lymphoma with h/o prior primary lymphoma of breast.
- Nathan Haines, MD– Macular ischemia noted day 1 following routine membrane peeling
- Katherine Baker, DO– Case of sutured IOL from dropped lens.
- Jessica Weinstein, MD- Case 1– Bilateral retinal vasculitis related to thrombotic microangiopathy
- Jessica Weinstein, MD- Case 2– Young male with bilateral uveitis from TINU
- Margaret Greven, MD– A case of night blindness from Vitamin A deficiency
- Omar Punjabi, MD– A case of acute placoid syphilitic chorioretinitis
- Omar Punjabi, MD– A case of congenital retinal macrovessel
- Rajiv Shah, MD– A case of retinal detachment in an adult with regressed ROP
- Rajiv Shah, MD– A case of AMPEE
- Rajiv Shah, MD– A case of Susac’s syndrome
Videos of the presentations are being edited and some are up on Vimeo already if the presenter’s name has a link attached. They will all be up shortly. Here is the link to the Vimeo showcase to see the current videos: https://vimeo.com/showcase/6727388
Enjoy! Please hit the like or comment areas and give some feed back. Thanks.
Sincerely Peter VH.